Natural Nail and Tip Overlays
Using Nailogic Gels
Please read the Read This Before You Begin pages before you begin.
1. Follow the instructions for “Basic Natural Nail Preparation”. If you need to apply tips follow instructions for “Applying a Tip”.
2. using the Nailogic "Stix-It Nail Prep" apply a thin coat as you would polish, avoid applying to skin, allow to dry 10-15 seconds. Avoid applying to the skin.
3. Using the “Nailogic Building Gel” gel, apply a small amount to the nail. Experience will teach you how much a little is. Remember it is always easier to apply a little more than to work with too much gel on the nail! This first coat of gel, and only the first coat needs to be worked in quite well. Using a #2 gels brush, use at least 15 to 20 strokes to be sure the gel has been worked into all the etch marks and corners and sidewalls of the nail. Wrap the free edge with gel. Use small swirling brush motion and a little brush pressure to push gel back to the cuticle. Be certain at all times you have not gotten any product on the cuticles.
Do not "dab" or "pat"!
Gel on skin equals lifting.
While the building gel is still wet;
4. Using the “Nailogic Building Gel” now apply a small line or two as needed to create the shaping desired, allow to spread, if the gel flows to the sidewalls by itself (in 10-12 seconds) is the first indication that you may have enough gel on the nail, see the "Nailogic Applications Instructional DVD" . Remember, Nailogic gel will only flow on a wet gel surface. Add additional gel as needed. Move gel around with your brush if needed (heavy brush stokes will not usually be helpful). Turn hand upside down 20-25 seconds, allow the gel to self level. If gel does not arch, you need a more gel. If gel is on the cuticle, it will be because you have brushed gel onto the skin, you have too much gel on the nail, or you waited too long to put gel under the UV light. Remove gel from cuticles with a metal cuticle pusher as needed. Gel on skin equals lifting.
Immediately place the nails under the "UV Nail Light". Remember, 5 seconds in, 5 seconds out. Do this 3 or 4 times to reduce sensitivity to heat! then for 2 minutes.
5. Cleanse with “Nail Sanitizer” . Always buff or file gel surface to shape as needed, remove all the shine, cleanse again with “Nail Sanitizer” . This step is for shaping. Inverting the hand once the gel has self leveled will help create a beautiful arch so you will do less filing!
6. Now would be the time to apply a coat of "Gel Fini" color gel, "10-2Go Gel Nail Polish", or "New Concept Gel Fini/10-2Go Custom color"!
Do not apply nail polish between coats of Nailogic gel.
7. Using “I Shine” apply a thin coat as you would polish. Cap the free edge. Do not apply to skin. Allow to self level a few seconds. Be certain at all times you have not gotten any product on the skin. Place the nails under the "UV Nail Lamp" for 2 minutes.
Wipe with alcohol. Do not Buff!!!!!!!.
The nails will be strong and be permanently shiny.
Back to Applications Directory