Sculpting Nailogic Gels
1. Follow the instructions for “Basic Natural Nail Preparation”.
2. Using the Nailogic "Stix-it Nail Prep" primer apply a thin coat as you would polish, allow to dry 10-15 seconds then.......
3. Using the “Nailogic Building Gel” gel, apply a small amount to the nail. Experience will teach you how much a little is. Remember it is always easier to apply a little more than it is to make a mess! This first coat of gel, and only the first coat needs to be worked in quite well. Using a #2 gels brush, use at least 15 to 20 strokes to be sure the gel has been worked into all the etch marks and corners of the nail. Be certain at all times you have not gotten any product on the cuticles. Gel on skin equals lifting.
Place nails under the U.V. Lamp for at least 1 minute. Using Nailogic Nail Sanitizer, sanitize with the Sanitizer Brush to remove the sticky residue.
3. Now place a form under the nails to be sculpted. Any form will work.
4. Using the “ White Sculpting” gel apply a small drop of gel where nail and form meet. Brush on smile line and general length and shape desired, add “White Sculpting” gel to create and shape free edge (allow to flow and shape, use light brush technique to move gel as needed). You can use your brush (dry) to help make a smooth smile line. It is always a good idea to move the free edge back toward the cuticle a little so natural free edge will not be evident before a fill is needed. (If your gel does not squeeze out of the bottle easily enough, simply make the hole a little larger!)
Cure the free edge at least 3 minutes as the light has a harder time passing through solid materials.
5. Using the “Nailogic Building Gel” (to build a shaped/arched nail) dispense a small amount of gel onto the nail. Brush the building gel over the nail wetting the entire surface of the nail (including white gel), once again avoid getting gel on the cuticles. Then apply 1, 2, or more small lines of gel as needed to create the shaping desired. Allow to spread, move gel with brush if needed. Turn hand upside down, 20-25 seconds. If gel does not arch, you need a little more gel. If gel is on the cuticle, it will be because you have brushed gel onto the skin, you have put too much gel on the nail, waited too long to put gel under the UV light, or the room is too warm.
Gel on skin equals lifting. Be certain to remove any gel from skin BEFORE curing
Immediately place the nails under the "UV Nail Lamp". Remember, in for 5 seconds, out for five seconds. Do this 3 or 4 times to reduce sensitivity to heat. Then for a total of 2 minutes.
It is wise to remove the form and turn the hand upside down and cure under light for 15-20 seconds. Cleanse with “Nail Sanitizer” to remove the tacky residue and file surface to shape with a file as needed. always buff or file EVERY Building Gel surface before finishing.
Cleanse again with “Nail Sanitizer”.
5. Now would be the time to apply a coat of "Gel Fini" custom color gel, or "10-2Go Gel Nail Polish"
Do not apply regular nail polish between coats of Nailogic Gel.
6. Using “I Shine” apply a thin coat as you would polish. Do not apply to skin. Allow to self level a few seconds. Be certain at all times you have not gotten any product on the skin.
Place the nails under the "UV Lamp" for 2 minutes. You must wipe with alcohol or polish remover, Do not Buff!!!!!!!.
The nails will be strong and be permanently shiny.
Back to Applications Directory